The Kalisher Trust and the Sentencing Academy are delighted to offer the opportunity for an outstanding candidate to undertake an internship at the Sentencing Academy. The internship, paid at the London Living Wage (currently £11.05 per hour), will run for 30 weeks from September/October 2022 and will involve a commitment of 7.5 hours per week (which can either be worked as one full day or spread flexibly across the week).
Mentored by a representative of Kalisher, in addition to working with the Sentencing Academy, the intern will provide research assistance and conduct other work for the Sentencing Academy. This will include a larger piece of research authored by the intern which will be published in their own name. This internship is predominantly a remote role although there will be a need to attend occasional meetings and events in London (travel expenses incurred for attendance will be reimbursed).
- Completed an undergraduate law degree or law conversion course
- An excellent academic record, demonstrating potential to be a leading practitioner or academic in the field of criminal law or related fields
- A demonstrable interest in criminal law, criminal justice and sentencing
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- An intention to practise at the criminal Bar
- Evidence of financial need which would otherwise prevent this opportunity being pursued
Application deadline: 5pm on 1 July 2022
Further details on the application process are available here:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com