The Kalisher Trust and the Sentencing Academy are delighted to offer the opportunity for an
outstanding candidate to undertake an internship at the Sentencing Academy. The internship, paid at
the London Living Wage (currently £10.85 per hour), will run for 30 weeks from September/October
2021 and will involve a commitment of a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Supervised by a representative of Kalisher, as well as the Sentencing Academy, the intern will provide
research assistance and conduct other work for the Sentencing Academy. In addition, the intern will
produce a larger piece of research which will be published, under their own name, by the Sentencing
Academy. Towards the end of the internship, this work will be presented at a joint Kalisher/Sentencing
Academy event. Whilst the Sentencing Academy promotes flexible working practices – and some
remote working will be possible throughout the duration of the internship – it is expected that the
majority of the work will be conducted at the Sentencing Academy’s office in central London (subject
to prevailing Government advice).
• Completed an undergraduate law degree or law conversion course
• An excellent academic record, demonstrating potential to be a leading practitioner or
academic in the field of criminal law or related fields
• A demonstrable interest in criminal law, criminal justice and sentencing
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• An intention to practise at the criminal Bar
• Evidence of financial need which would otherwise prevent this opportunity being pursued
Application deadline: 5pm on 25 June 2021.
Further details on the application process are available here:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org